Matt and I have been in the process of moving to a larger place for the past two weeks…hence the lack of posts! We decided our one bedroom, 750 square foot apartment was a little too small for the baby and have moved into a slightly larger (but much nicer) place while we still look for the perfect home to buy. As I mentioned when we were painting the crib, it’s been a little hard to start nesting with our move. Now that we’re moved in, however, I’m in full-blown nesting mode… whether Matt is ready or not!
We haven’t had a chance to paint what will be the nursery, but we think we’ve decided on the color linen white from Benjamin Moore. We painted the rest of the condo bone white, which we tested on the walls and felt was darker than what we were going for in the nursery. Since we will not know if the baby is a boy or girl ’till it pops out, we’re sticking to a gender neutral yellow lab theme inspired by our furry child, Airlie.
Airlie seems to have already claimed the nursery as her room… whenever I get home from work she’s always running to greet me from that room! As you can see the crib has been finished and assembled!
We also had a dresser that was also painted in Palladian Blue (same as the crib) that Matt was using. We decided to keep it in the nursery since we honestly couldn’t fit it in the master bedroom.
I’ve also been looking all over for the perfect fabric to make curtains for the nursery. I have a tendency to be very picky and it was very difficult to find fabric that matched what I envisioned in my head. FINALLY one day I was at Target and saw a set of sheets that had a print with the colors I had envisioned! I decided I’d somehow turn the sheets into curtains. Guess what?! Buying 2 sets of twin sheets ended up being much cheaper than buying the amount of fabric by the yard I would need. I’m also going to make a crib skirt with these sheets as well. Stay tuned for a future blog post on how this goes!
During our move I found this little antique chair we had in storage. I had totally forgotten about it and think it might have come from my grandmother’s house. I thought it would look cute painted in a yellow or green color. Matt and I are also going to be using an old dresser my mother had as a little girl as a changing table.
Here are some examples of the colors we’re thinking about using: Linen White and potpourri green (the one out of focus above pale vista!).
Finally, I’ve been collecting fat quarters in cute patterns that I like. I’m thinking about making some applique pillows like this one or framing some of the fabric to add pops of color to the walls. Who knows, I might make some bibs or burp cloths as well.
So as you can see there’s a lot to do before December! Stay tuned to see how all of our little projects turn out!